free web tracker

Thursday, August 25, 2005

Like Dido Says...

I want to thank you.

All of the people who came to our cd release party last night, thanks so much. I'll get around to talking to each of you individually and you can make fun of your favourite dumb thing I did, but right now I'm tired, run down and ready for a short hibernation.

We had a great night and I can't tell you how good it felt to be surrounded by so many supportive people - some old faithfuls and some new faces. We put more work into last night than anything we've done so far and having all of you share it with us made it the most worthwhile thing this band has ever experienced. We walked on stage, we toasted Alex's dad and then Len started to play Storms. And after I picked up my guitar and looked out at the audience, I didn't know whether I wanted to laugh or cry. The sea of loving faces looking back at me was breathtaking. It was like driving from the city into the country and you have the overwhelming need to pull the car over so you can just bask in that clear, beautiful blanket of stars that's so hard to see amongst all the lights and smog. Last night, I was just a kid basking in that beautiful, beautiful country view. And it was wonderful.

And so, all you lovely stars, thanks so much for the love and support. Rock and roll is alive and well (albeit a little ragged today). See you all soon. Be well, kids.

love
j.d.
xoxo

2 Comments:

At 2:53 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dammit boys, you just had to have the release on a Wednesday, didn't you? I even tried to make it down once I closed up the club, but you guys had already left :( Congrats on the praise in Now, it's very well deserved,
See y'all tomorrow,
Tim

 
At 5:41 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

P.S. I like the tag for the album on CD Baby "Like Coldplay and Crowded House are in a fist fight"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home