free web tracker

Sunday, February 20, 2005

Being a Celebrity...

There's only two real reasons that I want to be famous. Not the cars and houses and money - of course that would be nice, but i'd be happy with a modest house and a VW Jetta. And it's nice to be loved by people you don't know and it's nice to get a table at any restaurant you want, but that's all fringe benefits as far as I'm concerned. Here's the real reasons I want to be famous.

I want to be on Celebrity Poker. I want Dave Foley & Phil Gordon to make fun of my bad raises and strange calls and I want to gamble (for FREE) in Vegas. That's something that an ordinary person just can't do.

And the second reason is fashion. Now, many of my friends and loved ones will tell you that I'm not fashion conscious. I wear stuff I like and stuff that is comfortable. And if you're famous, you can do that and become a trend setter. Hair, clothes, accessories - you name it, people begin to emulate you. And I'm not saying I want people to emulate me. I just want people to stop telling me how to dress. And if I'm famous, I have to believe that will happen. Either way, it's free press (ha ha). You get on the best dressed or worst dressed list in some entertaiment magazine or other. I suspect I'll make the worst dressed first, but you never know. These days (we just did a band photo shoot in the freezing cold - which was a lot of fun, actually - on Thursday) I'm reviving the Alex P. Keaton "Family Ties" look. I think Michael J. Fox was on to something and it's time to bring it back.

As I write this, the band is in the studio working and I'm watching Celebrity Poker. We had a great day in the studio yesterday and leaps and bounds were made towards finishing what has been a very difficult and very arduous recording process. I don't think anyone specifically is to blame. It's just what happens when you start a band at our age. Life gets in the way unless you shove it aside and make room for your dreams. And it finally feels like we're starting to do that. Together, as a group. And I have to believe that if the four of us make enough noise together, that people really will listen. Because, there's so much to say...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home